Speculation and Vacancy Tax & Empty Homes Tax

The BC government has launched Speculation and Vacancy Tax in the province. Residential properties owners are required to complete an annual declaration.

Owners will receive a mail from the government by mid February 2019 regarding Speculation and Vacancy Tax Declaration and they're required to complete the declaration. The declaration has to be made by March 31st.

For details, please click the links below:


Who are exempted for paying Speculation and Vacancy Tax?


For those who own properties in the city of Vancouver, in addition to complete a declaraton of Speculation and Vacancy Tax, they need to submit a Property Status Declaration to the city of Vancouver to determine if Empty Homes Tax applies to them.

For details, please go to: https://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/empty-homes-tax.aspx